Tidbits

My photo
Mother, Lover, Friend, Companion, Antagonist
...taking on the world one letter at a time....

15 May 2009

Muddy Knees




When you think of muddy knees, what comes to your mind? When I think of muddy knees, several things come to mind. While some of these are naughty and will be left to your own imagination, one thing in particular stands out: Digging in the dirt! Whether it be for veggies or flowers, this a painstaking process that reaps many rewards. It seems every year when I'm looking at flat after flat I get overwhelmed by excitement because I know how awesome it is going to look and be. After about 4 hours of bending over and muddy, rock-diveted knees I think *fargh*! WHAT was I thinking? And then I sit in the swing with a cold beer and a cig and smile. Surprisingly, there is only one thing worse than the labors...and that is the waiting. Waiting for the blooms and waiting for the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment